There are several reasons for updating our addons with Act! version update:
1. Act! structure. Each new Act! version requires new dlls which are built into the program installer, thus the installer which works for Act! v16 will not work for Act! v17.
2. Our licensing is based on Act! version. In case you decided to update your Act! you’d also need to purchase a new addon version. However, within the first 60 days after addon purchasing we offer a free update. In this case you’d need to uninstall your addon, updade Act! and then install your addon and this will work. If more than 60 days passed after you had purchased the addon then you’d need to purchase an upgrade, please see the table below:
|From Act! Version
To Act! Version
| Act! 2008
|Act! 2008 (V10)|
|Act! 2009 (V11)||30 %|
|Act! 2010 (V12)||45 %||30 %|
|Act! 2011 (V13)||60 %||45 %||30 %|
|Act! 2012 (V14)||75 %||60 %||45 %||30 %|
|Act! 2013 (V15)||90 %||75 %||60 %||45 %||30 %|
|Act! 2014 (V16)||90 %||90 %||75 %||60 %||45 %||30 %|
|Act! 2015 (V17)||90 %||90 %||90 %||75 %||60 %||45 %||30 %|
When you update your Act! it is important that you uninstall your addon and after updating Act! install it anew as during the installation the right dlls are loaded for your Act! version. If you leave the added as is without reinstallation it will simply stop loading as for all addons which load in Act! we use early binding.
Please also note!
1. dlls built for Act! v16.0 may work for 16.1 or 16.2, but they may show unexpected results, the same is for Act! v17.
2. When you request a support, please mention that you need to purchase an update as a separate license key is required for this.
For any questions regarding addons update, please contact our support
Steps for registering a new license:
After you have purchase a new license of the addon, please do the following:
- Uninstall your addon.
- Download the addon version from our website. The latest version will be downlaoded from our server. The updater checks if there is the newer version and downloads it automatically when you start the installation process.
- Install the downloaded addon version.
- Register your new license key.