Uninstalling View Agent fails with the error: Agent installation can’t continue. An Active View Client Session has been detected (2004505)
In such case, you’ll experience the following symptoms:
- It’s not possible to uninstall the View Agent
- Upgrading View Agent fails
- You see the error
Agent installation can’t continue. An Active View Client Session has been detected.
This issue occurs if the virtual machine registry has entries related to View Client under HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Volatile Environment when there is no current session connected.
How can you solve this issue?
Please follow the steps bellow to solve it:
- Reboot the virtual machine to verify if there is no current View session connected
- Open the registry Editor on the virtual machine.
- Navigate to Computer >HKEY_CURRENT_USER> Volatile Environment.
- Delete any strings that have ViewClient_ in the name.
- Uninstall or upgrade the View Agent.