If you want to use Windows 10 with Skype you will face a problem after the last few updates.
You are no longer able to install the desktop version of Skype on Windows 10.
This problem is because of the Windows-Store version of Skype. If you try to install the normal Desktop-Version of Skype, it will tell you to download and install the version of the Windows-Store.
DIAL|IT for example needs the Desktop-Version to interact with Act! and to use all functions. It is not possible to use the Windows-Store version.
If you want to use the normal Skype version like you did before, there is still an option to install the Desktop-Version.
To download the Desktop-Version please follow the steps below:
1. Go to the following website: https://www.skype.com/en/get-skype/
2. You will find the blue button „Get Skype for Windows“.
3. Click on the drop-down arrow on the right side.
4. A drop down menu will open and you will see a few options for different versions of Skype.
5. Choose the last option that says: „Get classic Skype“
6. Now you can download and install the Desktop-Version of Skype and can use it with DIAL|IT.