If you get some issues with the Act! License there could be many possibilities for it. In the following text I will describe three solutions that could help you.
Run Act! As Admin when you enter the License. You can see a step by step guide here
If you enter the License once but after a restart Act! still ask for the License but won’t take the key you have.
This could be done by your virus protection program, so please disable it for the time you enter the license.
(I have the case two times with BitDefender Internet security there I have to uninstall BitDefender, enter the License and if the License work you can reinstall
If the first and second solution couldn’t help you than the following step maybe could help you.
Before you follow the steps please close your Act!.
1. Please go to windows->start->run then enter „services.msc“ and press Ok. Now you should see your services search here for the „Protexis Licensing V2“ services and end it.
2. Now go to „C:\Program Files\Common Files“ if you use 64 bit system so its „C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files“ and delete the Folder „Protexis„.
3. If its done please go the Regedit with „Run“ and type „regedit„.
Important: If you do some changes in the registry you should do a Backup. How you can do it you can see here.
4. In the Registryeditor search in the following Paths for the Key „PSI_SVC_2“ and delete it. (the Key dont have to exist in all Paths but you have to delete it if its there).
5. Now you have to delete the Key „Protexis“ in the following Paths in the Registryeditor:
If you use 64 bit sytems it´s here: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Protexis
6. After it´s done please close the Registryeditor and restart your PC.
If you use Act! 2007 or 2008 than you have to do the following steps.
1. Go to the folder „Protexis“ like in step 2.
2. Select the data „PSIKey_2.dll“ and change the name to „PSIKey.dll“.
3. Now restart the „Protexis Licensing V2“ like in step 1.
If you use the Act! version 2012 or above.
1. Also go to the „Protexis“ folder like in step 2.
2. Select the data „PSIKey_2.dll“ and change the name to „PSIKey_3.dll“
3. Restart the „Protexis Licensing V2“ like in step 1.
I hope one of this Steps could help you.