Export to Excel is grayed out (this KB is talking about the standard act! excel export, not about our Export-it, that is part of our Datasuite)
There could be many reasons that the Export to Excel icon is grayed out .
– The Excel Export is only available in the list view.
– Version of Excel is not supported by the Act! version,
The Supported versions are:
- Act! 2005, 2006, 2007 support Excel 2000, 2002, 2003
- Act! 2008, 2009, 2010 support Excel 2002, 2003, 2007
- Act! 2011, 2012, 2013 support Excel 2003, 2007, 2010
- Act! v16 (2014) supports Excel 2003, 2007, 2010, 2013
– User Security role
If your user role is „Restricted“ or „Browse“ then you don’t have the permission to export to excel. You have to be logged in as an admin or a standard user. If your a standard user the admin could also forbid you to export to excel.
(See here how to check security role)
– Other Possibilities
If you have Act! installed on your PC as a admin please make sure you´ve installed it for every user. If not you have to be logged in as the admin or a user with admin rights.
– User Account Control (Windows Vista & Windows 7 only)
This issue may be caused by the User Account Control (UAC) security function in Windows 7 and Vista Operating systems. There are some options to work around this.
Run ACT! as an Administartor
Right click on the Act! icon and choose „Run As Administrator“
Disable or lower the UAC settings:
How to do this: